Residents in the Dalkeith Ward are being given the chance to influence and decide on how £60,000 of public money is spent, based on the priorities of their community. There are four simple steps.
- Residents put forward ideas.
- The ideas are discussed
- Residents vote for their priorities
- The ideas with the the most votes have budgets and resources directed to them.
Anyone, so that means you, can suggest a project. There are some conditions.
- Projects must be in the Dalkeith Ward
- They must be ‘Capital’ spending
- They must fit under the theme ‘Community Wellbeing’
- They must cost at least £10,000
- There should be no ongoing cost for Midlothian Council.
Two ‘ideas Generation’ events are being held.
- 10th Aug. Dalkeith Welfare Hall, 24-26 St. Andrew St, 11am-2pm.
- 12 Aug. The MARC building, 10 Woodburn Road, 6pm – 8pm
You can see the flyer for these events by following the link below