The last information session for ‘Dalkeith and Woodburn Decide’, is being held this Saturday, 8th February, in the MALANI building in Eskdail Court from 1pm to 3pm. This is an opportunity to find out more about each of the seven projects that have been selected for the short list and then you can vote for the three that you think should receive funding to go ahead.
On-line voting will stay open until February 22nd.
Please note that the February 2020 meeting of the Community Council will take place in Dalkeith Arts Centre and not in the MVA building.
Voting is now underway to decide which projects will be awarded funding to proceed. From all the suggestions put forward, 7 have been selected to go forward to voting stage. They are –
- New Christmas Lights for Dalkeith Town Centre
- Outdoor Gym in Cowden Park
- upgrade to the front of the MARC building
- Upgrade the base for ‘Dalkeith Men’s Shed’, ‘Dalkeith Guerilla Gardeners’, and ‘Dalkeith Ploggers’
- Fun with Swings – install accessible swings in Cowden Park and King’s Park.
- Improve Crossing on Dalkeith High Street at Crystalmount
- Improvement of accessible facilities in One Dalkeith building.
You can find out more about this here, including details of information/discussion/voting events being held. Please note that only residents of Dalkeith and Woodburn are eligible to vote i.e. you must live in the Dalkeith Ward 3 catchment area.
Voting takes place between Feb 1st and Feb 22nd. There are ballot papers and voting boxes in Dalkeith Library, in all schools, the MARC building, Medical Centre, Crystalmount, Whitehill Lodge.
You can also vote online here